Cats Eyes Watering Brown Discharge
Normally the tears should drain through the tear ducts but if a cat is making more tears than normal or if the drainage system is blocked they can overflow onto her fur.
Cats eyes watering brown discharge. Also known as watery eyes this type of clear watery discharge is the result of excessive tear production. Veterinarian Michael Brown offers some possible causes for the chronic discharge and notes that some of those need lifelong treatment. I have sphynx cat and its eyes are costantly watering and there is a light reddish brown discharge coming outI took him to the vet and she gave me lysine supplement for himhis eyes are still running and he has been on it for about a monthcould.
As she had already watery eyes when she was in the shelter I thought she could have an underlying infection that the Vet didnt determine. Eye injuries such as corneal ulcers a scratch a blow to the face. The brown staining means that the tears produced by your cat arent draining properly or he is making too many tears.
WHY MY CAT HAD WATERY EYE DISCHARGE. In normal circumstances the discharge would be clear and watery in appearance but for serious conditions that discharge would be either yellow or greenish in color. Cat eye discharge is a sign of many different eye diseases and disorders including corneal ulcers.
Kittys eyes may look like hes been crying but that brown gunky stuff coming out of his eyes isnt tears. If a respiratory infection goes on unchecked it could become pneumonia which can be. The brown discharge youre observing is usually caused by an excess of tears.
In some cases the condition is also accompanied by redness of the eyes. They say 90 of the cats has herpes virus in their bodies and usually it doesnt show itself at all but this eye watering may be one of the symptoms. This is true whether your cats eyes have a clear watery discharge or a thicker yellow- or green-colored eye discharge.
If you see this in one or both eyes along with a watery discharge theres a good chance they have conjunctivitis. But oftentimes eye or ocular discharge in cats can be a sign of ocular disease and should be checked out by a veterinarian. Eye discharge can be a symptom of a number of diseases.
- White Shepherd Puppies For Sale Florida
- Wild Cats List And Pictures
- Why Are There No Big Animals In Australia
- Why Do Cats Make Biscuits
- White Lab Puppies Michigan
- Wild Animals Worksheet Pdf
- Wild Animals Videos Discovery
- Wild Animals Name In Hindi And English With Pictures
- White Labrador Puppies Michigan
- Wild Cats Cartoon Pbs
- Wild Animals Pictures Cartoon
- Wild Animals Clipart Free Download
- Wild Animals Clipart Black And White
- Wild Animals Videos Youtube
- White Shepherd Puppies For Sale Australia
- White Labrador Puppies Wisconsin
- Wild Cat Breeds A Z
- Wild Animals Name In Marathi
- Wild Animals List Name
- White Shepherd Puppies For Sale Bc