Can Animals Get The Coronavirus
About 20 percent of colds are the result of a human coronavirus.
Can animals get the coronavirus. COVID-19 is mainly spread through droplets produced when an infected person coughs. The dog cat pig and cattle coronaviruses are very common and do not cause illness in people. In addition the virus doesnt seem to affect animals as severely as humans and the chances of them spreading it are very low.
There have been no cases of pets passing the coronavirus that causes Covid-19. There is no evidence that viruses can spread to people or other animals from a pets skin fur or hair. Coronaviruses infect many animals including pigs domestic and wild birds bats rodents dogs cats and cattle.
Yes some animals can catch Covid-19 through close contact with infected humans but fortunately this is extremely rare. Early studies have found that cats are the animals most likely to catch the new coronavirus. The World Health Organization states There is no evidence that a dog cat or any pet can transmit COVID-19.
There are a few other reported cases of domestic animals having coronavirus in other countriessuch as a pet cat in Belgium whose owner had previously tested positive for COVID-19. The Hong Kongs Agriculture Fisheries and Conservation Department has concluded that pet cats and dogs cannot pass the new coronavirus to. If cats or dogs can spread the coronavirus health agencies and the public would need to incorporate these animals into their planning to contain and slow the pandemic.
It is advisable that pet owners and veterinarians strictly observe hand-washing and other infection-control measures as outlined by the CDC when handling animals. Researchers and authorities are constantly learning about the new coronavirus but it appears it can spread from people to animals and between animals particularly cats in some situations. Animals dont appear to play a significant role in spreading the virus that causes COVID-19.
The virus that causes COVID-19 is different from other coronaviruses that affect domestic animals. The World Health Organisation WHO states At present there is no evidence that companion animalspets such as dogs or cats can be infected with the new coronavirus. It is still unclear though if infected animals can transmit the virus to their human owners especially when coronaviruses typically stem from animal-to-human encounters.
- Giant Alaskan Malamute Puppies For Sale
- Giant Schnoodle Puppies For Sale In Oklahoma
- German Wirehaired Pointer Puppies For Sale Nz
- Glass Animals Dreamland Album
- German Shepherd Puppies Northwest Wisconsin
- Glass Animals Lyrics Hot Sugar
- Glass Animals Heat Waves Lyrics Meaning
- Giant Alaskan Malamute Puppies For Sale Uk
- German Wirehaired Pointer Puppies For Sale Texas
- Giant Schnoodle Puppies Texas
- German Shepherd Puppies Ohio Cheap
- Giant Stuffed Animals Walmart
- Glass Animals Dreamland Vinyl
- German Shepherd Puppies Nc Free
- German Shepherd Puppies Scarborough Maine
- Glass Animals Heat Waves Roblox Id
- Giant Rottweiler Puppies For Sale In Mississippi
- German Shepherd Puppies Springfield Illinois
- German Shepherd Puppies Nyc
- Giant Alaskan Malamute Puppies For Sale In Bc